Wednesday 4 January 2012

BIRTHDAY EVE

Today is the eve of my 18th Birthday.  As lame as it may be, I believe that you should drag out the celebrations for as long as you possibly can.  Today was the last day of the week in which my bestfriend, Katy, is in.  Tomorrow she starts her new placement at a Primary School in the local town.  That means that she won't be in College tomorrow to help me celebrate my Birthday (sobs!).  During one of our free lessons she gave me a present from herself and a card from her whole family.  It makes you feel so loved when a friends family write you a Birthday card, it's a sign that they kind of accept you into their family.  She informed me that my Birthday card from her will be arriving in the post tomorrow! Woop!

After College I went shopping and found two dresses for the next couple of days.  One was in the sale at River Island for £15 and the other is shown below:


The dress above was a little discovery of mine in Miss Selfridge.  The dress is leopard print, something that I don't usually ever go for.  I've always thought it was a bit Bet Lynch for my liking.  The picture above doesn't do the dress justice and the picture seems to make the dress look a lot more darker than it really is.  However after trying on nearly every dress in Outfit, River Island and New Look I decided it was my best option.  The dress is so flattering that it's unreal, my waist appears to look extremely slender, as do my arms. I have found that 'skater dresses' are really comfortable and girly. Also think that they're really easy to dress-up or dress-down. I bought a red one around 4 months ago now and I loved it so much that I decided it was for the best if I put it towards the back of my wardrobe for a while. The Miss Selfridge dress was £24, making it £2 cheaper than a dress I bought from Topshop a couple of weeks ago, but returned.  The Topshop one is shown below:


I wasn't a big fan of this dress as I didn't feel it would go particularly well with anything else I have in my wardrobe.  I suppose it could've been paired with a chunky knitted cardigan or a jacket, but I decided against it.  Also having debated about it for about 3 days, I concluded that it wasn't worth the £26 I had paid for it.  The dress literally looked like it could have been half the price and from somewhere like Primark.  Which isn't good for somewhere like Topshop,  I found that to be very disappointing

Today's continued to be one of those horridly, stressy days.  I had to go on a search to find my History teacher and I located her in the least expected place.  When I asked her what the homework essays plans were she had forgotten.  So much for her being organised, huh?  So I spent an hour or so catching up with missed homework.  And I'm pleased to announce that I'm now homework free. But now is the tricky part, I have to actually start revising.

One of my close friends had a near accident in College today.  He was nearly kicked-out of the College altogether, due to the fact that he skipped the last couple of days of term to go Berlin. And he hadn't finished his ICT coursework.  Luckily the Head of Sixthform didn't chuck him out and he's lived to tell the tale.  College wouldn't be the same if he was gone; there would be no more banter between him and a mutual friend.

It's safe to say that I'm extremly excited for tomorrow and Friday... ROLL ON MY 18TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment